In general, we use the personal information that we collect from you to increase the efficiency of this site for you.
- Why do we need your e-mail address?
- To be able to let you know when there is an answer to a question you may have submitted.
- What other personal data does SportsAnswerbank collect?
- Only the name, user name and password you choose to supply. This is to protect your privacy and ensure that other people cannot sign on to the site in your name without your permission.
If you want to enter a competition or a prize draw or something of that nature where, for example,
the prize is being given away by a third party, we will make it clear at the time you enter the draw
if the terms of entry for the competition entails your email address being transferred to the third party.
We may from time to time send you details of site developments, business developments and promotions
but these will come directly from SportsAnswerbank.
If we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, or in response to a UK court order, to access and disclose individually identifiable information concerning your activities whilst using our website, we shall do so (but we will, where reasonably practicable, notify you in advance of any court order). We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of our website, and that use is deemed by us inconsistent with this policy.
- Will my personal details be shared if I partake in the ‘Paid for your Views’ option?
- SportsAnswerbank takes privacy very seriously. Please note that SportsAnswerbank does not share any personal identifiable information to advertisers. We will not sell or give any personal contact information of any kind of AB users who sign up for the 'Paid for your Views' polls.
- What happens if SportsAnswerbank gets sold?
- As we continue to develop our business, it is possible that we might sell SportsAnswerbank or enter into agreements with co-partners, or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of a sale, your personal information may therefore be sold, traded or licensed to third parties (who may be located outside the European Economic Area).
- How can I update my personal information?
- We utilise a personal profile page at the 'Sign-in' page, which enables you to update your personal information at any time. This allows us to maintain accurate and up to date personal data.
- Who makes sure we keep our word?
- Any details which you provide to us from which we can identify you are protected by the Data Protection Act.
- Yes. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by your browser. We use them to save information that helps you - for example to save you entering your personal details every time you re-visit the site. The cookies contain no personal details about you. You can disable cookies by changing your browser preferences, but may find you have to enter the same information over and over again if you use a personalised part of the service regularly.
- We will let you know by making any alterations clear on this page.
- How can I contact SportsAnswerbank?
- If you wish to email us with any questions or comments about SportsAnswerbank, then please click here.